Dr. Melissa Congdon’s focus currently includes:
- Diagnosis of fibromyalgia in children and adults, using patient history and a targeted physical exam for accurate diagnosis
- Development of a comprehensive treatment program for fibromyalgia patients to help spur recovery focusing on nutrition, exercise, and natural modalities
- Administration of the guaifenesin protocol
- Pediatric consultations focusing on developmental and behavioral issues
- Eating foods that help you feel well (and for 40% of fibromyalgia patients that means following a specific low carbohydrate diet)
- Consistent aerobic exercise (done correctly as to prevent overexertion and “crashing”)
- The guaifenesin protocol
- What is the relationship between fibromyalgia and sleep apnea?
- You may have been told your Vitamin D level is in the normal range, but is your level high enough to possibly reduce fibromyalgia symptoms?
- What is neuromodulation, and could it help your chronic pain?
- Should you be taking vitamins, and if so—which ones?
- What types of complementary medicine may help decrease your symptoms—acupuncture, tai chi, the Rosen method, yoga, meditation, others?
- Do you have an active virus in your system that could be increasing your symptoms?
- Do you have Lyme disease as well as fibromyalgia?
- How can fibromyalgia patients best prepare for an upcoming surgery?
- Have you tried every diet known to man without being able to keep the weight off and feel better? Is there a food plan that will help you?
- Evaluation and management of complex or chronic medical issues
- Consultation and counseling on parenting and behavioral issues (from newborns to adolescents)
- Review of treatment plans, medical options and providing second opinions
- Providing ongoing support, coaching and counseling of treatment and medical progress